I joined Gold's gym here in Henderson due to the fact that I am having problems putting my jeans on and I feel sluggish and pretty much like a piece of poo. There are two Gold's here -a brand new one that is beautiful and an older one. I went to the older one on Friday and I am thinking that from now on I will be hitting up the newer one. All the benches were being repaired so there was limited benches to work out on. If any of you know me-I am a free weight girl and that drove me CRAZY.
I know some of you are Gold's members and maybe the class changes have been since the new year, but they have some cool classes. Body pump express (45 min instead of 60), Sports conditioning and boot camp to name a few.
Meghean and Paul told Adam and I to check out Rescue me (FX). So, we have been burning the seasons to DVDs and having mini Rescue Me marathons (we are just so busy). I have also been doing all the BS stuff that you never do because you have a full time job. Organizing bills, shredding bills and documents from last year-I know, I know but supposedly this place is known for identity theft and it usually starts from the trash. They also break into the (locked) community mailbox and steal mail. So, better to be safe than have numerous people jacking up my credit and stealing my identity (it is hard to be me).
....It is truly about who you know and today it was really good to know Cheryl Melendrez. Cheryl works with this guy who is one of the chefs at Bouchon in the Venetian. Bouchon is a little restaurant that is well known for brunches and pastries. Cheryl told her friend that she was going to bring Adam and I there for brunch on Saturday and he said that he would "take care of us." Seriously-take care of us is an understatement. It started with mimosas and home made pastries and then moved to french toast, crab hash (which is the greatest thing I have ever tasted in my life), then to sausage, eggs, omelettes, bacon, ham and cheese sandwich, croissants, apple truffle with fresh apples and cinnamon. Then it went to sorbet, chocolate and coffee mousse, tarts WITH beverages to go with all of it. This was a 6 course meal with wine/beer/cocktails. ALL COMPED!! Yes--about 200.00 worth of food comped. Then we were given a tour of the kitchen. We swapped numbers with the chef and told him we would definitely be back to see him. I have NEVER been treated so well and I left fat and with quite a buzz. We went and checked out the Palazzo (new Venetian tower) home of JayZ's new nightclub. The opening is tonight so I am sure the place will be loaded with celebs.
My friend Tony (who used to be my trainer at Bodyworks downtown) was in town and he was playing craps over at the Casino Royale so Adam and I swung by to say hi and hang out for a little bit.
I am now waiting for the buzz to wear off so I can get my a$$ to the gym. Funny-I started a lifestyle cleanse today. I guess I should have waited. Although I would not have passed up that food for anything. It was amazing.
Miss you all...I believe my first crew of visitors will be here for St Patty's day!
Check it out-this is the newest thing being built on the strip (next to Bellagio). City Center is being designed so you never have to leave this area. There will be everything you need to live..condos, hotel, casino, gym, grocery, shopping, etc. They are throwing a boat load of money into it and it is supposed to be the "future of Las Vegas." I will be happy when it is done-construction is a nightmare. It is going to be ridiculous. I can only imagine the cost to live there. They will have EVERYTHING.
CityCenter is expected to open phase one in November of 2009 and is currently the single most expensive privately funded project in the western hemisphere.
http://www.vegastodayandtomorrow.com/citycenter.htm
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment